Frequently Asked Questions
Hopefully, below we’ll cover all the main things you want to know. But if there is anything else you need to know or that we can help with, please just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Saturday 21st July – 10am – 7pm
Sunday 22nd July – 10 – 5pm
Transport and Parking
Q- What is the address?
A- Chapel Gate, Christchurch, BH23 6BS
Q – What are the easiest ways to get to the festival?
A – There are a variety of ways to get to Chapel Gate, Christchurch. Please see our ‘getting here’ section (add hyperlink)
Q- Is there parking?
A- Yes, parking is free on site, but please car share if you can.
What can I bring?
Q- What objects am I allowed to bring to the festival?
A- Sporting clothes if you would like to attend the sporting activities
- If you are taking place in classes, then a yoga mat is compulsory. The instructor will not be providing them.
- A blanket if you would like to relax on the grass outside
Q- Can I bring my child?
A- Yes, Taste of the South is a child- friendly festival! We have a children’s play area etc.
Q- Do I need to bring ID?
A- If you are over the age of 18 and would like to purchase alcohol, you will need to bring ID as we operate a Challenge 25 policy. The identification that we accept is: driving license or passport.
Q- Can I bring alcohol?
- No, due to licensing laws this is strictly prohibited. There will be alcohol available to purchase at the event, if a guest is found to be bringing in alcohol they will be escorted off the premises and no refund will be given. Glass bottles are also not permitted at any of our events, for safety reasons (other than to purchase and consume at home). So, if you do buy any bottles off our exhibitors please wait until you are home, before you open them.
Q- How much is an adult ticket?
A- Adult tickets are £4 in advance. They can be bought online on Eventbrite (hyperlink). Tickets on the door will be £7 for adults.
Q- How much are child tickets?
A- Children under the age of 12 are allowed into the festival for free and do not need a ticket.
Q- Are tickets refundable?
A- Unfortunately, tickets are non -refundable.
Q- Do I need to print my ticket?
A- No you can present your ticket at the festival gates via your phone.
Q- I purchased a ticket online but the email hasn’t come through? Do I need to print it off?
A- Please check your spam or junk folder in the first instance. If you don’t have a copy, please get in touch (email email@example.com). Be sure to state the email address that you ordered the tickets with, not another. If you can’t print off your e-ticket you can show it on your phone.
Q- Can I pay on the door?
A- Yes, tickets are £7 on the door for adults although there may be a que to get in as taking payments always takes time, tickets are better value in advance.
Q- Do you accept card payments?
A- We do not accept cards on the gate, some traders may provide card machines, but we do recommend that you bring cash as some traders may only take cash payments.
Q- Are you wheelchair / pram friendly?
A- We welcome wheelchair users / families with prams and we do all we can to ensure comfort and safety for wheelchair/pram users. We have designated disabled parking as close to the event site as possible, but please note that the events is on a field, so in bad weather things can get a bit muddy.
Q- Are there disabled toilets?
A- Yes, we have a disabled toilet on the event field.
Q- How do I get a traders stand?
A- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of what you do and a picture of your stall (if you have one). Hot food, drinks & bar pitches are usually full very quickly so if we can’t accommodate you we will keep you on file for next year.
Q – Is there anything for children to do?
A – Lots! We will have a dedicated children’s area and there will be plenty of ground to explore, run round in and generally burn off steam!
The safety and security of our Visitors, Exhibitors and Staff is our number one priority. In order to ensure your protection, we employ the following methods across the site:
- Random bag & person searches in operation (where possible, please only bring small bags/handbags with you)
- No Alcohol to be brought into/consumed at our events, other than that on sale at the Event itself
- Refusal of Entry/Removal from the Event, where the Event Organiser deems it necessary
- CCTV in operation
- Security/Trained Stewards across our sites
- Co-ordination with all Emergency Services including Counter-terrorism police, and regular police visits at our Events.
Please co-operate with our Stewards, they are there to help you. And should you have any concerns about anything at our Events, please report it to your nearest available Steward who will endeavour to help.
If we haven’t answered your question please contact email@example.com, or call 01202 896698.