Taste of the South Volunteers – We need you!
Taste of the South festival is a 2-day event, taking place in Chapel Gate, Christchurch from 21st – 22nd July. It will be a celebration of the South of England, including food, drink, artisan and local produce such as jewellery, skin care, art and sculpture and quirky food vans. There will also be chef demonstrations and a bar area,live music, as well as a health and wellbeing area and children’s activities.
What will I be doing?
- Help set up and clear down of event
- Helping organise exhibitors and set up their specific areas
- Event support such as marshalling
- Providing information and guiding visitors to the event
- Assisting with the running and scheduling of the chef demonstration kitchen
- Supporting the management team
- Social media support
- Meet and greet visitors to the festival
- Ticket registration assistance
- Litter pick and check waste stations
What skills, experience and attributes do I need?
- Flexible and willing to help out when needed
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- Overall awareness
- Friendly and smiley! 😊
- Previous experience at events is helpful but not required (please state if you have any experience in the email)
- Enthusiastic about the event and helping promote it to people you know (like and follow us on social media!)
Who will I be volunteering with?
You will be working alongside the ROUTEpr management team, the security team, stewards, first aid team, and other businesses as well as volunteers to help create a great experience for everyone involved in the 2-day event.
How long will I be working?
We ideally would like volunteers to complete at least 1 whole day out of the 2. You are welcome to work longer if you want to gain more experience. The most helpful of the volunteers will win a special prize.
Things you need to know
You need to dress appropriately for the event, this means flat comfortable shoes and casual clothing. If it is cold bring a jumper or coat, and if it is sunny remember light clothing and sunglasses / hats and sun cream (check the weather forecast in advance and the day before)! We will provide you with a high vis jacket where necessary, which you must return at the end of your shift.
What can I expect from Taste of the South?
In return for your valuable help we aim to ensure that your experience at the event is fulfilling and worthwhile experience. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in event management and as well as meet other volunteers and professionals in the world of events, which will look great on your CV. We will also provide a reference for you if requested.
I’m interested! How do I get involved?
If you would like to participate in Taste of the South this July, then please fill in the application form and dates / times you are available or email email@example.com no later than 5th July and we will be in touch.